The past couple days and weeks, I've been working on getting things together for a new project. It is called "Remembering Jay." I've gathered stories of my dad and it's really made me think about things. Life is just interesting isn't it. I went through the one box of his stuff from high school- mostly it contained his stamp collection and year books. But I found some great pictures of him and his family. I sure miss my dad. A lot of things that I've kinda been pushing off I finally feel it's time. Like visiting his burial site, where he died, listening to the funeral and getting memories preserved.
Anyone with in the reach of this post please email me (r.adamson@jcadamson.com) stories and pictures of Jay Adamson. So many people must have great stories, that will be simple to write down, or even just pictures are of value. Now is the time, and if we push it off too long it will never be done.
Part of this new project is a website-- please visit jcadamson.com
Here we have several goals for this website. it is to act as...
1) an archive
2) a way to collaborate service projects in Jay's name.
This week we will announce our plans for the 2 year anniversary-- which will include a service project. So wait for that soon!
Here are some pictures I found. More are (and are to come) to jcadamson.com


Evidence of how he obtained his wheelie skills.
If you ever saw him on a bike he usually was on less than one wheel.



He really wanted to be Jim Bridger.

This is my a favorite.
Nothing to do with my dad-- just the fact that it screams 80's.
Just look at Tami's hair.

"J.C. 'after bath' 2 yrs." written on the back.
After going through not only these, but a whole box of them, it made me think about things. Look at how deep his blue eyes are. Especially in the great picture above. I've gained a better understanding of his childhood. I hope one day "Doc" from Back to the Future shows up at my door and I can go back to the 80's and see my dad and my mom. It would be hilarious to walk down the halls of Olympus High in the spring of '85 or 86'. Isn't that right about when Back to the Future came out?
Well - That's it for now. I hope I get 6,000 emails to go through.
Thanks everyone,
Riley
No comments:
Post a Comment